What is the CPLC Scholarship?
The 42 Division CPLC Scholarship was created to recognize and provide financial support to a student
living and attending school in our residential district. $2000 will be awarded to one student who has
demonstrated leadership, academic achievement, and a commitment to their community.
Who Can Apply?
You must meet all of the following criteria:
• Live and attend school in the geographic area of 42 Division. 42 Division boundaries are: On the West – Victoria Park: On the East – the Scarborough/Pickering border; On the South – the 401; and on the North – the south side of Steeles Avenue East
• Must be graduating in 2018/2019
• Have demonstrated commitment to co-curricular activities and community service
• Currently enrolled, or enrolled within the last year, in a full-time, recognized academic
• Have been accepted by and will be enrolling in a post-secondary institution in 2019
How Do I Apply?
Complete the attached application form and submit the application and all required documents by May 3rd,2019. Completed applications are to be sent to:
Staff Sgt. Gerry Heaney, 42 Division,
242 Milner Avenue, Scarborough, Ontario, M1S 5C4
Electronic submissions will not be accepted.
Documents needed are:
• A minimum of two letters of reference with at least one originating from your school and one
from a community organization
• Certified copy of your most recent Student Credit Counselling Summary and Timetable
• Essay as described in Section D attached to completed application
Who Makes the Decision?
A judging panel comprised of police officers from 42 Division and members of the CPLC.
The Scholarship recipient will be notified no later than June 1st, 2019.The successful candidate will be expected to attend the 42 Division CPLC Annual Picnic on Saturday, June 8th, 2019, where they will receive their award.