The CPLC Mandate is:
- To establish and maintain meaningful Community Police partnerships with local organizations, residents and youth
- To be proactive in community relations and crime prevention
- To assist in problem solving local police issues
- To act as a resource to the police and the community
What is the CPLC Scholarship?
The 42 Division CPLC Scholarship was created to recognize and provide financial support to a student living and attending school in our residential district. $1000 will be awarded to one student who has demonstrated leadership, academic achievement, and a commitment to their community. Financial need is a consideration.
Who Can Apply?
You must meet all of the following criteria:
- Live and attend school in the geographic area of 42 Division. 42 Division boundaries are: On the West – Victoria Park: On the East – the Scarborough/Pickering border; On the South – the 401; and on the North – the south side of Steeles Avenue East
- Must be graduating in 2021/2022
- Have demonstrated commitment to co-curricular activities and community service
- Currently enrolled, or enrolled within the last year, in a full-time, recognized academic secondary school
- Have been accepted by and will be enrolling in a post-secondary institution in 2022
Who is NOT eligible?
Person(s) related to a CPLC member
Person(s) related to members of Toronto Police Services
Person(s) who do not live or attend school in 42 Division
How Do I Apply?
Please click on the link below to download the application
Complete the attached application form and submit the application and all required documents by
May 20th, 2022. Completed applications are to be sent to:
Staff Sergeant Ryan Forde 86872 42 Division,
242 Milner Avenue, Scarborough, Ontario, M1S 5C4
(Only electronic submissions will be accepted this year.)
Documents needed are:
- A minimum of two letters of reference with at least one originating from your school and one from a community organization
- Certified copy of your most recent Student Credit Counselling Summary and Timetable
- Essays as described in Section D attached to completed application
Who Makes the Decision?
A judging panel comprised of police officers from 42 Division and members of the CPLC.
The Scholarship recipient will be notified no later than June 1st, 2022.